See you on the wave! During the surf camp, basic surfing skills are practiced in relaxed atmosphere with professional instructors. In addition to surfing, the days include meals and beach games. The arrangements for the camps shall take into account the guidelines and restrictions relating to the coronavirus situation. Camps can accommodate a limited number of participants, so book your spot quickly. You can come to the camp without any previous surfing background.
THE CAMP IS FOR CHILDREN BETWEEN 9-14 YEARS
Christmas holiday camp is arrange during week #1 (2022). Partitipants can choose either 3 or 5 day camp.
3.-5.1.2022 - 3 days
3.-7.1.2022 - 5 days
Surf session with instructor
12.00 - 13.00
Lunch & Beach games
13.00 - 14.00
Surf session with instructor
Debrief, sauna and shower
Pickup by parents
Teaching and supervision
Use of flowboards
Swimsuit or shorts
In case you are ill, or have been recently in surgery, or have heart, neck or back illnesses, or have high blood pressure, you can not join the surf camp activities.
BOOK YOUR SPOT TO THE SURF CAMP
You can book your spot from Tiketti service. You can order the camp ticket to your phone, email, post or pick it up from any R-kioski.
After purchasing a ticket, your place at the camp has been confirmed and you will receive an information email closer to the start of the camp. Arrive to the reception of Surf House Helsinki on the first day at 9:00. You can find Surf House on the ground floor of the Mall Mall of Tripla, P4. Arriving by car, you can drive directly to the parking garage in front of the entrance. From the shopping center you will take the elevator to the P4 floor. Follow the DOWN UNDER and SURF HOUSE signs.
INFORMATION TO THE PARENTS
The guardian is responsible for transporting the camper to the venue.
Good hand washing and coughing hygiene is important.
During the camp it is possible to maintain safety distances.
If someone becomes ill, the camp must be stopped.
The camps are organized in separate groups with a maximum of 20 people per group.
It is recommended that all adults visiting the camp wear face masks indoors.
Face masks cannot be used while surfing.
Avoid physical contact (handshakes, hugs) where possible.
Indoor surfing is a safe hobby and injuries are very rare. However, we remind you that this is a sport and incidents can happen like in any sport. We recommend that all children have accident insurance. Participants are insured on behalf of Surf House Helsinki only if the cause of the accident is our operations.
Photos will be taken of the participants and delivered to the parents at the end of the camp. Images may also be published on our website or on social media channels for marketing purposes. If you do not give permission to publish the images of your child please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
- What do I do on the first day? Arrive to Surf House Helsinki by 9:00 am and check-in at the reception.
- Where is the camp located? At level P4 of Mall of Tripla, Surf House Helsinki premises.
- What is included in the price? Two guided surf sessions per day, board use, games and activities and lunch. Kahdet ohjatut harjoitukset joka päivä sekä lounas.
- Do I need to bring any own food? If needed, small snack can be taken to the camp for the afternoons. Drinking water is available the whole day. Soft drinks can be purchased from our beach bar.
- What kind of food is served and where the meals take place? Tortilla House makes Mexican food with mild spices for kids. We serve Quesadillas, Tacos, Burritos and Nachos. The meals are served at Surf House Helsinki premises.
- What should I bring with me? Comfortable summer clothing and separate surf clothing (for example swimsuit or shorts and T-shirt). Bring your own towel with you. Please note that in your surfing clothes are not allowed to have sharp metal objects like buttons or zippers.