How is my safety taken care of? Is it ok to come surfing now? Is the beach bar and restaurant open? Can I arrange a meeting, birthday or a corporate Christmas party? Is all the surf competitions, concerts and parties been cancelled?
COVID-19 restrictions and the pandemic situation are constantly changing. On this page, we provide up-to-date information on how various restrictions affect our operations and how we ensure your safety.
HOW IS SURF HOUSE TAKING CARE OF MY SAFETY?
Surf House Helsinki is a large and high space (1080 m2, height 7-10 meters) and our ventilation system is exceptionally efficient due to the Flowrider surf machine. During the COVID-19 pandemic we have been safely visited by tens of thousands of surfers and restaurant customers.
Our facility has clear instructions on COVID-19 measures and walking routes.
The tables are placed more loosely than usual and there is a seat for each customer.
Hand disinfection is available and we continuously clean the premises.
The use of a face mask is optional but recommended. Face masks can't be used while surfing. Our kitchen staff always use face masks when preparing dishes.
CAN I COME TO SURF?
Surfing is organized normally and its better to book sessions in advance. The maximum capacity for the sessions are 20 people and safety distance is clear marked during the activity. Opening hours can be found on our front page.
IS THE BEACH BAR AND RESTAURANT OPEN?
The beach bar is open during our opening hours and Tortilla House’s Mexican kitchen on the weekends. Larger food orders should be made in advance by calling, emailing or online booking.
CAN I ORGANIZE A MEETING, BIRTHDAY OR CORPORATE CHRISTMAS PARTY?
Any private events where the number of people does not exceed 200 and the alcoholic beverages are not served beyond 22:00 are allowed to be arranged.
IS ALL THE SURF COMPETITIONS, CONCERTS AND PARTIES CANCELLED?
We will arrange surf competitions and we sometimes have artists performing at our weekend parties. On these events a maximum of 200 people will be taken inside the venue. In addition, we follow all other valid event and restaurant restrictions.
venue and safety distances
- Surf House Helsinki is a 1000 m2 venue with an average height of 7 meters
- Surf area has a powerful dehumidification and ventilation system that removes all moisture out of the event space many times faster than normal event venues.
- We will only accept 100 participants at the same time (normal capacity 550 persons) so everyone has enough space and privacy in two floors
- All participants have a place to sit and all furniture is arranged loosely around the venue
Disinfection and cleanliness
- We instruct customers to wash their hands immediately when arriving the venue
- Hand disinfects are available around the venue
- We perform continuous cleaning at our venue, especially on surfaces that are touched often (like door knobs, credit card readers, dining areas, changing rooms, showers, sauna and toilets)
- We recommend wireless payment for all purchases
- Surf pool has a chlorine system that kills possible bacterias effectively. Automatic system monitors the water quality at all times and we manually take additional water samples between the surf sessions
- We have broaden our normal health and hygienic procedures with our employees. These procedures include for example frequent and proper hand wash, the use of disinfectants, and ensuring all employees at work are healthy
use of face mask
- Due to the venue’s high temperature (27C), the use of face masks for customers and bartenders is optional
- Kitchen staff will always wear face masks when preparing the food
- The use of face mask is not possible while surfing
SUMMER IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER
Fast forward to summer easily by public transportation or car.
SURF HOUSE HELSINKI
Mall of Tripla, floor P4 (Down Under)
Firdonkatu 2B, 00520 Helsinki, Finland
SURF HOUSE FINLAND OY LTD
Mall of Tripla, M-P6-12
Firdonkatu 2B, 00520 Helsinki, Finland